Air purifiers have become a necessity in a world where pollution keeps rising. With outdoor air pollution at its peak, air purifiers are a top priority to breathe clean air.
People are quickly switching to wearable air purifier that creates a clean air zone around their breathing space every time. PureAir Solo is one of the top wearable air purifiers that makes a safe personal breathing zone by eliminating volatile organic compounds from the air.
Today, we will review the PureAir Solo personal air purifier and how effectively it works to create a clean air zone.
PureAir Solo Personal Air Purifier – Product Description
The sleek PureAir Solo personal air purifier offers a clean and safe environment for you to breathe in. This wearable air purifier eliminates all pathogens, including mold spores, germs, viruses, other perfumes, and volatile organic compounds. You can fasten it around your neck once you’re ready to start breathing in the healthy air.
This personal air purifier protects the user against airborne viruses and bacteria that might spread throughout the cold and flu season so that they visit friends and family without the negative effects of other people’s colognes, lotions, or perfumes. Additionally, because of the pocket-friendly size, you can carry it everywhere.
It comes with a rechargeable battery, providing all-day protection with more than 24 hours of use per charge. The PureAir Solo comes with a breakaway neck cord for convenience and a micro USB charging cable.
PureAir Solo creates a safe personal breathing zone, and the company claims that it can thoroughly filter your breathing space in just a few minutes. It has a little brush that can effectively repel allergens such as mold spores, smoke, dust, pollen, and other harmful chemicals from the air.
The compact size of this purifier makes it portable, but you should remember that it only works in smaller areas. You can use it in small rooms or carry it in the car while traveling, but don’t expect to leave the PureAir Solo in a large room and then wait for it to clean the air in the larger space.
Features of the PureAir Solo Wearable Air Purifier
- Simple to use: Sling it over your neck using the breakaway neck cord that is included in the box to experience your pure air zone.
- Environmental-friendly: The Greentech environmental PureAir Solo does not emit any harmful chemicals into the air or create any negative effects on the environment.
- Battery life: PureAir Solo comes with a rechargeable battery, providing up to 28 hours of powerful cleansing delight. The box includes a micro USB charging cable to charge the portable air purifier.
- Convenient purification: It produces an ion density of 50 million at an ion wind of 90 feet per minute using gold-plated stainless steel collectors and a solid platinum permanent emitter that effectively repel allergens.
Unit Specifications of Greentech Environmental PureAir Solo
- Ozone output: Less than 0.03 ppm
- Ion density: 50 million ions/cc
- Power source: Rechargeable battery providing 28 Hours of operating time
- Charge time: Three to five hours (with Micro USB)
- Dimensions: 2.95 inches x 1.94 inches x 0.67 inches
- Weight: 2.22 oz (64g)
- Accessories: Breakaway neck cord
- Warranty: One-year manufacturer’s warranty
How Does This Wearable Air Purifier Work Against Outdoor Air Pollution?
PureAir Solo creates a clean air zone with ion-based active air technology. This portable air purifier emits positive ions that attract harmful chemicals from the air and make the air cleaner. The ion density is good enough to clean the air even when you visit friends or in public gatherings and effectively repel allergens.
Its solid platinum permanent emitter creates a clean breathing space as the ion winds up the negative effects of the harmful chemicals in the air. Wear the PureAir Solo when indoor or outdoor air pollution rises. According to the test results, ionized air is remarkably effective at combating the H1N1 swine flu virus. The PureAir solo wearable air purifier generates positively charged ions and decreases viral exposure by up to 99%.
PureAir Solo significantly improves the experience of visiting crowded areas for those sensitive to aromas, especially in small spaces. It creates a three feet clean air zone that reduces exposure to mold spores, allergens, and bacteria. However, since the purifier does not contain a carbon filter, it will not take away the odor that comes with mold or smoke.
When the PureAir Solo air purifiers are combined with a traditional face mask, the continuous release of unipolar ions will significantly improve the filtering performance against fine and ultra-fine particles. The repelling forces that charged ions produce between the mask and the aerosol particles form an “electrostatic shield” against harmful particles.
This device can effectively clean a small room in just a few minutes. It can purify the air in the room 12 times in one hour. You can only imagine how clean the air in your room will turn with this air purifier.
How to Charge the PureAir Solo Using a Micro USB Charging Cable
When you want to take the PureAir solo personal air purifier with you while traveling, you must charge it completely before leaving the house. Follow the given steps to charge your PureAir Solo and make the air cleaner:
- Check that the Greentech environmental PureAir Solo device is off.
- Attach the micro USB charging cable to the port on the device.
- Turn on the charging switch and wait for the indicator light to show that the charging has started.
- Let the device charge for three to five hours for a complete charge, and enjoy the fresh air.
How Can You Clean the Greentech Environmental PureAir Solo?
Just like any other air purifier, the PureAir Solo also needs to be cleaned every once in a while to ensure the proper functioning of the device. Follow the given steps to clean your Greentech environmental PureAir Solo air purifiers.
- Remove the purifier from your neck.
- Spray a small amount of canned compressed air into the top of the unit to remove any particles that may have stuck to the ionizer electrodes.
- Let the spray sit for a minute to leave its impact on the air purifier.
- Wipe it off with a dry cloth and ensure it is scorched before putting it back around your neck.
Things to Consider While Choosing an Air Purifier
You can choose from a wide range of portable air purifier models, sizes, and filtration choices that meet your needs for cleanliness and safety. Here are some considerations to ensure you receive the greatest air hygiene system for the best possible defense.
- Medical-grade Filters
High-efficiency air filters can get rid of more than 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns or larger when working to their full potential. True HEPA, HEPA 13, or medical-grade filters like these eliminate dust, vapors, germs, viruses, mildew, and fungi. According to experts, employing recirculated air with true HEPA filters can reduce particulate concentration in indoor air to a degree similar to that of dedicated outdoor air systems.
It is often impossible to replace surfaces or introduce fresh air into the constructed environment. As individuals walk around and spread dander, dust, and other pollutants in a closed environment without any means of removal, the pollution grows. Medical-grade filters work as a reliable physical trap to stop the accumulation of dangerous particles in the air.
Some filters use ionization technology. The tiny air particles that fall to the ground are attached to these ions. Since some ionizers might produce ozone as a byproduct, which may have detrimental impacts on health, it is important to choose an air purifier that does not emit a large amount of ozone.
- High Clean Air Delivery Rating (CADR)
The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers has established the clean air delivery rate (CADR) standard, which measures how quickly a device can clean the air in a specific size room. It also measures how well it can reduce the concentration of particles of a particular size. An air filtration system’s capacity to filter the air in a room increases with the CADR. The efficiency of a unit will be impacted by the size of the room.
Portable air purifiers should be strategically placed across rooms, regardless of the presence or absence of a mechanical ventilation system, to clean “local” air as effectively and efficiently as possible. Additionally, make sure that your portable air purifier does not leave ozone traces in the air that harms the environment.
Most portable air purifiers leave ozone traces behind, which makes them harmful to the environment. However, the PureAir Solo leaves a very little amount of ozone behind, which makes it an environmental-friendly model among its competitors.
- Serviced Solutions
Although you may believe that spreading a few air purifiers throughout your property will help enhance the air quality, this is insufficient. To ensure effective air filtering, filter maintenance is a crucial step. You won’t have to worry about air filter changes or safe disposal with routine maintenance. Choose purifiers that offer continuous service to provide greater safety and protection.
The filters must be changed at regular intervals for efficiency. However, the life of the filter might vary from a few months to a year, depending on the amount of indoor pollution. Always be sure that the price of the air purifier includes the cost of replacing the filter multiplied by how frequently the filter needs to be changed annually.
Not only does the PureAir Solo offer maintenance-free performance, but it also does not produce any heat because it does not contain any moving parts.
- Sound or Noise
The finest air purifier is one you’re not even aware is present. It’s essential to find air purification equipment that emits sound at less than 55 decibels to prevent noise interruptions.
- What You Want to Remove
You might be able to pinpoint which particles cause an allergic reaction in you, or you might just not want to breathe them in. Everyone should choose a particular air purifier that meets their demands.
Many people are unsure of the particles they want to eliminate or the scope of what an air purifier can handle. Air purifiers can remove the following pollutants from your interior environment depending on the type and model:
- Particles: These can include irritants such as pollen, dust mite dander, dust, and mold spores.
- Smells: The odors can include anything from stale smoke to cooking smells to pet odors. Don’t go for ion-based purifiers if you want to eliminate bad odors from your room because they don’t have carbon filters that remove bad smells.
- Chemicals and volatile organic compounds: They are frequently found in the household and are “off-gassed” by specific solids or liquids. Some of them, like the VOCs found in food, are regarded as innocuous. However, some of them, including formaldehyde and benzene, hurt human health. Solvents, some home paints, and cleaning supplies all contain VOCs. Additionally, furnishings like memory foam mattresses, carpets, and MDF products might release gases that can harm them.
- Viruses and bacteria: It is obvious that the air transmits bacteria and viruses that may harm human health. They can be eliminated by air sterilizers or trapped in particular types of filters.
A Better Alternative To The PureAir Solo?
The PureAir Solo is easily one of the most popular wearable personal air purifiers available online. If you are looking for a slightly better version, you should either consider another personal wearable air purifier by Greentech Environmental or go with another brand like the Triad Shield Aer.
Triad Shield Aer is also considered one of the best, and in my opinion, the best wearable personal air purifier on the market. I suggest purchasing it through a reputable distributor of Triad Aer products like Root Wellness. If you would like to read our review of the Triad Shield Aer, you can read our review here.
Priced at $150, the PureAir Solo air purifier is a pricey but worthwhile investment. The operating cost of this air purifier is minimal, and the electric usage is also tiny. Therefore, even though the initial purchasing cost is high, the performance and durability of the device are outstanding and worth the price.
Even though the PureAir Solo does not offer all the features that an air purifier should, its performance is outstanding. If the PureAir Solo meets your requirements of owning an air purifier, you can surely invest in this product.